Got Rice?



It is currently 6:59 AM I have been trying to sleep but was unable to. Talk about insomnia.. I have been trying not to eat too late especially right before I sleep but my tummy has just been growling and growling that I couldn't help it and went out to the kitchen to see what we have. Guess what I found? A box of rice. What? I'm Chinese. why would it surprise you? :P
As I am quite annoyed with the fact that I was unable to fall asleep even as the sun is coming up. I started devouring the rice. Yes. It is just plain rice. (it was the leftover rice from sausage clay pot rice so it had a hint of flavor). To be honest, I have been trying to not consume as much rice to prevent myself from putting on anymore weight from my non existent exercise summer. But while I was just eating away at the yummy rice that I have missed I starting thinking to myself. People have ate this plain white rice for so many years. Why is it such a bad thing to be eating white rice that we need to be constantly choosing the "healthier" alternative. So it was time to turn to google for the answer...

Rice can be split into 2 Brown Vs. White

White
- By getting the white nice look(processing) nutrients have been destroyed.
- Does not contain fiber
- Contains calories, but no nutrition.

Brown
- Contains all outer layers which is where all the nutrients are.
-Contains Bran which can improve digestion and decrease constipation.
- Lower Cholesterol
- Help with weight lost since it can suppress your appetite because it is high in fiber which will keep you full longer.

Sadly to say, I was hoping that I would find something positive on white rice because it just taste so much better than brown rice but I couldn't. It is obvious that white rice has no nutritional value but is also high in bad carbs that will cause weight gain if over consumed. It does not contain the fiber that brown rice has to keep you full but instead will make you hungry within a couple quick short hours due to the break down of the rice to glucose which speeds through your body. I guess its time to try and adapt to the flavor of brown rice if I don't want to be consuming just empty calories.

This entry was posted in

One Response so far.

  1. Melsusu says:

    I actually prefer brown rice over white rice. Even though I eat white rice more often since my family prefers white over brown. IDK.. I really like the texture of brown rice. Wow this is a very stereotypical asian comment :)

Leave a Reply

    Category

    • (2)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (2)
    • (6)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)

    Category

    • (2)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (2)
    • (6)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)

    Category

    • (2)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (2)
    • (6)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)