Mouth Watering Watermelon


During these past few weeks the weather has really kicked up a notch. It has really been hot and for some reason, my house it probably 10 degrees hotter than outside!
Heat = Sweat = Dehydration
I find myself being ever so thirsty these days. With two buckets of watermelon in my fridge that is ready to eat, I find myself being a slightly sad when I have munched away all the juicy goodness of this melon. I have to say, Watermelon is definitely my favorite fruit. As I was cutting (more so watching my mom cutting) up the watermelon, I couldn't help but then what are the health benefits of this yummy goodness? So I took some time to research a little about it and this is what I learned.

Excellent source of...
- Vitamin A: An antioxidant and its good for your eyes.
- Vitamin C: Immune system. healing, healthy teeth and gums, and prevent cell damage
- Vitamin B6: Helps brain function and convert protein to energy.

Beauty Benefits
Can act as an moisturizer/ toner/ and skin tightener!
- Watermelon is slightly astringent so it can be used as a toner. You can add other properties to it to better fit your skin type. ex. honey for extra moisture if you have dry skin.
- Contains Vitamin A & C and Lycopene which is a excellent source of antioxidant = Anti-Aging.
- Vitamin A: Helps reduce secretion of oil and reduce pore size ( I definitely didn't know this one!)
- Its a Natural Diuretic so it helps flush out toxin and prevents bloating

I hope this was helpful because I certainly learned a lot! Who knew watermelon had so many benefits (:

This entry was posted in

Leave a Reply

    Category

    • (2)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (2)
    • (6)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)

    Category

    • (2)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (2)
    • (6)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)

    Category

    • (2)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (2)
    • (6)
    • (1)
    • (1)
    • (3)
    • (1)